FROM THE DESK OF ANN M. CARDON…
June 1, 2017
I hope this letter finds you well and looking forward to an enjoyable summer break with your children! It doesn’t seem possible that we only have one more week of school. I can easily say that I think this has been a fabulous year. At a meeting last August, Principal Mike Wagner said this was going to be the #bestyearever – and we have used that hash tag on every Facebook post this year.
We certainly have a number of things to celebrate as we close out the year, and here are just a few…
· Four of our schools were recognized by the MDE as Reward Schools
· Our High School was rated in the top 50 high schools in the state
· Orchestra performed at Nationals in Pittsburgh
· Band performed at University of Michigan’s football game during half-time
· Teachers and students received several Scholastic Art and Writing awards
· Our athletic teams had a very good year with many individual and team awards
· Our St. Joseph Public School Foundation awarded over $370,000 in grants
· The Average Joes Robotics Team competed at the world championship competition
We also celebrate because we have such dedicated, professional staff members who go above and beyond every day to make sure our students have the very best educational experience we can offer. If you see a staff member over the summer please thank them for all that they do. We are also lucky to live in a place where the community values their public schools and works in conjunction with us as partners to make sure our kids are safe and have countless opportunities.
Lastly, we all know that the success of our students starts at home with you. We cannot thank you enough for working with us as partners to ensure that your child develops and grows academically and socially to reach his/her full potential.
I hope you have a fun and restful summer – and I hope you make many great memories with your children. The parents of our graduating seniors would be quick to share that the time goes by oh so fast.
Your partner in education,