COVID-19 2020-21 Updates
The link below shows cummulative cases attributed to any school function or property within Berrien County School Districts.
The dashboard below is updated every 24 hours (weekdays) with confirmed data from the Berrien County Health Department and reflects current COVID-19
information based on cases within the instructional setting.
Berrien County COVID-19 Data 12/27/20 - 1/3/21:
A. The trend of Covid-19 (COVID) cases or positive tests, hospitalizations due to COVID.
- Last week 260 new COVID-19 cases were detected. This reporting week 335 New COVID-19 case were detected.
- Over the last week, Berrien County has seen an average of 48 new cases per day.
B. COVID cases for each day for every 1 million people.
- This past week Berrien’s average new case rate is calculated to be 28.57 cases per 100,000 residents or 285.7 Cases per 1 million residents.
C. The percentage of positive COVID tests over a four-week period.
- 7 day % positivity = 9.0%
- 14 day % positivity = 9.3%
- 28 day % positivity = 12.9%
- Public health is working tirelessly to keep schools in person and safe
- Fall and winter semester there were approximately 551 positive COVID-19 cases related to schools (roughly 30% and 70% students)
- Currently there are 22 cases in isolation and 52 Berrien County students and staff in quarantine.